What other groups have done with Discover
Below are a few examples of what we arrange for other groups in Morocco — to give you an idea of the variety of opportunities, the contrasting environments, themes that can be explored, and the experiences open to you.
Sevenoaks School use their 10 Day Awe and Wonder Geography fieldwork trip to explore themes of extreme environments, hot and arid landscapes, challenges for agriculture, desertification, resources, new technologies, sustainable development…and they engage in community work (2023 saw Sevenoaks building a wall - including collecting the rocks - for the new primary school in Aremd. They continue to raise funds for Education For All)
Sevenoaks Instagram pages are below:
- Day 1 and 2 in Morocco - Great first couple of days exploring Marrakech. Activities included: Guided callech tour through Tanneries… | Instagram
- An unforgettable couple of days camping out in the Sahara The students enjoyed learning about the different dune formation and… | Instagram
- Camels, Kasbahs and solar power | Instagram
- Sevenoaks Geog’ers in Morocco 🇲🇦 Great work from this lot on a morning run in the Atlas Mountains | Instagram
- Amazing day doing our community project work for the Imlil Association, helping with local bottom-up cooperative development in the… | Instagram - includes video
Sevenoaks 2018 School Box initiative in Morocco with their IB Geographers:
- School in a Box initiative in Morocco
- IB Geography Field Trip to Morocco
- IB Geography expedition to Morocco: Easter 2015
7 days of Cultural and Geographical immersion
"It’s been an incredible trip to Morocco for our A2 and A3 Geography pupils – a superb week of cultural and geographical immersion."
- Read more on their Facebook Page: It’s been an incredible trip to Morocco for our… Bryanston School | Facebook
- See also: Geography Trip To Morocco 2018
Crompton House Sixth Form
15 days of charity-linked adventure including climbing Mount Toubkal (North Africa’s Highest Mountain), fundraising for Education For All and community projects in the Imlil Valley.
2022 saw them making themselves physically useful at the old school building in Aremd which is being turned into a community centre and also helping women bake pastries for their bakery business which was kick started by the Girl Guides in previous years.
Southbank International School in London
Southbank International School IB CAS Group 2023 joined their trip with Southbank International School Geography - rivers work, overnight in the Agafay Desert, an ovenight trek in the High Atlas Mountains, and spending time with the girls at Education For All boarding houses in Ouirgane and Talaat n’Yacoub. Louise Carey, CAS Coordinator at Southbank International School said: "We felt honoured to receive the generous hospitality and time of the boarding houses' students and staff and to learn from them. We hope to maintain a connection in the future.
Undergraduate Paul Bowman shares his experiences of Cambridge University's trip ... 'Different, challenging, rewarding, fascinating - and above all, fun…a fantastic chance to try out our nascent research skills.'
Morocco Easter field trip
The King's School, Canterbury
King's School fifth-formers re-valuate what is important in life.
Fifth Form Morocco Trip 2015