Current positions available with Discover are:
Moroccco Freelance Educational Tours Staff
Where will you be working?
Discover Ltd has been operating educational tours in Morocco since 1978. We currently operate two, three or four-centre tours in Morocco, taking in Marrakech, the High Atlas mountains around Imlil, the pre-Sahara desert around Zagora and the coastal town of Essaouira. Our tours run all year round and are largely bespoke; we work closely with our client schools to put together travel itineraries according to their needs—geography or biology fieldwork, trekking (High Atlas trekking up Toubkal, camel trekking in the desert), community work, cross-cultural visits, PHSE, etc. No two trips are exactly the same!
The Job - Freelance Field Studies Tutor
Employed for several weeks in the year, usually during peak season—Easter, Summer and half term-breaks—although other weeks may be available. As much advance warning will be given as possible of dates, and successful applicants will be expected to complete at least one training tour with an experienced tour leader. Training is on-going and leaders should expect to complete training scenario assessments periodically.
To apply, please download the application form, the criminal records declaration and send with a copy of your CV to:
Documents relative to the post:
Volunteer positions in Morocco
Education For All has expanded since its beginning in 2007. We now have five houses: three in Asni, one in Talat n’Yacoub and a third house in Ouirgane. We are interested in a volunteer being present at each of the three houses throughout the school year. The main focus for the volunteer is to assist the housemother in the daily running of the house, as well as assisting the girls in gaining a wider perspective of the world.
Do you enjoy working with young people?
Are you interested in a cultural exchange?
Do you have time that you are willing to give?
Your average day will involve:
- Teaching French or English and IT skills
- Assisting with the cooking
- Running errands for the housemother when required
- Possibility of visits to the homes of the girls on alternate weekends
- Maintaining contact with sponsors and members of the Education For All community
If you are interested in finding out more about daily life in the houses, check our blog at volunteers.educationforallmorocco.org or access the newsletter online.
You are free to pursue any outside interests that you have in Morocco—you are not bound to stay in the house at all times.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- You must speak English or French
- You will have some experience of working with or teaching young people or those learning English as a foreign language
- Ability to use basic computer programmes
Length of commitment:
Any length of time from 3 months to 9 months, however you must leave the country to gain a new visa after every 3 months.
What personal qualities would the ideal candidate hold?
- You must be dynamic, autonomous and eager to talk to people (the language barrier must not be a problem for you)
- A willingness to learn new skills and ways of living
- An openness to sharing your own culture and ideas
- Organisational skills to assist with the running of the household
- Innovation and a willingness to revise the way things run
- An interest in promoting the organisation through presenting to small groups and maintaining website links
What do you get in return?
- Board and lodgings are provided (sorry, but this is not a paid position)
- Lots of entertainment everyday
- Personal and job satisfaction—there is a definite reason to get out of bed here!
Does this sound like you?
If you are interested in applying to volunteer in one of the houses, please download and fill in the application form linked to at the bottom of this post and e-mail it with a short covering letter to email@example.com.
Sorry, but this position is only open to female applicants, but feel free to e-mail us for ideas about how male applicants can assist in Morocco.
Please indicate when you would like to come to work in the houses. Each case will be considered on an individual basis, however a cross over period for volunteers is desirable.
Current positions are:
We are recruiting every year from October to June.
NB: From late April to the end of the academic year, the girls have exams so if you come during this period you won’t have a lot of time to play games or teach English to them. However, if you want to come and help them with their English lessons (They learn English from the 3rd year of college), or if you speak French or Arabic, you could be very useful for them and help them to attain good marks at the exams.
Although our preference is to have volunteers work over a 3-month period, please contact us if you can only manage a shorter period of time.
Documents relative to this post: